The Gilbert Public Library has a wide variety of materials available to borrow, including books, magazines, movies and audiobooks. Different types of items check out for different lengths of time, from 2 days to 3 weeks. There are a few items, like newspapers and reference books, which do not circulate.
Most materials can be renewed. You may renew or request materials and check your library record in person at the Gilbert Public Library, by telephone at (218) 748-2230, or here. You will need your library card barcode number and your pin number.
Books (most types) - 3 weeks
Magazines - 1 week
Pamphlets - 1 week
Talking books - 3 weeks
Juvenile Kits - 3 weeks
DVDs - 2 days
Nonfiction videos - 3 weeks
Fines and Fees
All books, magazines, audiobooks, and music:
$ .10 per item per day with $10 max per item
$2.00 per item per day with $10 max per item
Printouts: (photocopies, computer printing, and incoming fax documents)
Black and white copies $0.25 (per page)
Color copies $0.30 (per page)
1-3 pages $1.00
4-6 pages $2.00
7-9 pages $3.00 etc.
over 15 pages only when staff time permits
To receive a library card:
Library Card Rights:
· Allows holder to use all libraries in the Arrowhead Library System
· Allows holder to use other Minnesota libraries when traveling away from home (reciprocity.)
· Allows holder to request items from their home computers or to access e-books and audiobooks from Overdrive at their home or library computers.
· Allows holder to request items from other Minnesota libraries through MNLink interlibrary loan.
· A new card holder may check out three (3) items when using the card for the first time. When those three items have been returned the card holder may check out materials on the same basis as everyone else.
· Item limits:
o 2 two day items at a time (DVDs)
o 4 seven day items at a time (videos, periodicals)
o 10 twenty one day items at a time
o Staff will have discretion to allow more per individual circumstance
· Renewals: All materials may be renewed once. Patrons may renew themselves via the ALS website or may call or come in to the library to renew. Staff will have discretion to allow more than one renewal per individual circumstance.
Library Card Responsibilities:
· Please present your library card at each visit.
· Lost library cards should be reported to the library immediately. The first replacement for a lost library card will be free. Additional replacements incur a fee of $3.00
· Any address or phone number changes should be reported to the library immediately.
· Comply with the library Code of Conduct policy
· Return materials when due
· Payment of fines and fees when levied